Effective insulation with environmental benefits
Cellulose insulation from iCell takes the environment into consideration every step of the way
At iCell, we are working to minimize our environmental impact in all respects. Much less energy is required to go from raw material to finished insulation, compared to, for example, the manufacturing of mineral wool, a product that is not made for recycling. Our production is performed mechanically in a dry, cold process with additives that are harmless to the environment. We choose green electricity generated from wind and hydro power. In addition, iCell cellulose insulation can be recycled over and over again.
Major environmental benefits
Approximately 4 million cubic meters of insulation are built into Swedish homes in each year. Choosing the right kind of insulation material leads to extensive environmental benefits. By recycling 1 ton of newspaper we save 19 trees, 4,000 kWh of energy, 29,000 liters of clean water, 3 cubic meters of garbage, and a total of 30 kg of toxic waste.
Environmental benefits with iCell cellulose insulation:
- iCell cellulose is an organic material – cellulose derived from pine trees.
- iCell uses mainly uncirculated newspaper for production; by recycling 1 ton of newspaper we save 19 trees, 4,000 kWh of energy, 29,000 liters of clean water, 3 cubic meters of garbage, and a total of 30 kg of toxic waste.
- iCell cellulose insulation can absorb and release moisture and thereby allows the house to breathe without the need for diffusion plastic.
- iCell’s production of cellulose loose fill, from raw material to finished product, consumes significantly less energy than insulation materials made out of minerals or oil.
- iCell’s production plant uses electricity from wind and hydro power.
- iCell’s manufacturing process takes place in the midst of our Nordic market, which reduces the environmental impact caused by transportation.
- iCell’s cellulose insulation provides a significantly better working environment during installation.
More About Cellulose Insulation
- Cellulose is an excellent insulation solution
- iCell Lösull – cellulose insulation
- iCell Skiva – cellulose insulation
- Insulation with iCell saves energy
- Effective insulation with environmental benefits
- Research and Development
- What is cellulose?
- The history of insulation – then and now
You save energy and money
- House 130 m² in the middle of Sweden
150 mm sawdust
U-värde 0,51 W/m² °C
- After additional insulation
with 350 mm iCell Lösull,
nytt U-värde 0,10 W/m² °C
All that we do is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality products. To us, quality assurance is an obvious must in order to meet the demands and expectations of customers, authorities, organizations, and not least, the environment.