Cellulose insulation – Made in Sweden
Cellulose insulation saves energy while providing a healthy and comfortable indoor climate.
iCell cellulose insulation is produced exclusively in Sweden – from raw material to finished product. The raw material we use consists of recycled newspaper, which in turn is made out of pure cellulose fibers derived from Swedish pine trees. Recycling newspaper in order to produce effective insulation is a great way to save on raw materials and energy.
Increasingly higher energy prices and stricter environmental requirements make it necessary to reduce the use of the world’s energy resources and protect the environment. Residential and commercial buildings account for approximately 40% of Sweden’s energy consumption, however, most of this energy is wasted due to poor and frequently non-eco-friendly insulation. In addition, better and eco-friendly insulation from iCell offers great opportunities for optimizing energy savings
Environmental benefits with iCell cellulose insulation:
- iCell cellulose is an organic material – cellulose derived from pine trees.
- iCell uses mainly uncirculated newspapers for production. By recycling 1 ton of newspaper, we save 19 trees, 4,000 kWh of energy, 29,000 liters of clean water, 3 cubic meters of garbage and a total of 30 kg of toxic waste.
- iCell cellulose insulation can absorb and release moisture and thereby allows the house to breathe without the need for diffusion plastic.
- iCell’s production of cellulose loose fill, from raw material to finished product, consumes significantly less energy than insulation materials made out of minerals or oil.
- iCell’s production plant uses electricity from wind and hydro power.
- iCell’s manufacturing process takes place in the midst of our Nordic market, which reduces the environmental impact caused by transportation.
- iCell’s cellulose insulation provides a significantly better working environment during installations.
More About iCell
You save energy and money
- House 130 m² in the middle of Sweden
150 mm sawdust
U-värde 0,51 W/m² °C
- After additional insulation
with 350 mm iCell Lösull,
nytt U-värde 0,10 W/m² °C
All that we do is driven by our desire to deliver the highest quality products. To us, quality assurance is an obvious must in order to meet the demands and expectations of customers, authorities, organizations, and not least, the environment.